Here are 5 Health Hacks for Healthy Living...
1) Drink a lot of water, and i mean A LOT of water. Our body is made up primarily of water and it is a must to stay hydrated. Proper hydration allows our chemical reactions to function correctly, purifies the systems, and helps regulate hunger.
2) Avoid the bad carbs! Carbs are the enemy and the main reason for obesity and diabetes. Bad carbs include enriched breads, enriched pastas and refined sugars. These foods spike your blood sugar levels causing weight gain, insulin resistance, and make you feel bloated and tired after eating them.
3) Walk everyday! You don't have to be an olympic athlete to be fit and healthy. All you have to do is keep moving. Our bodies were designed to move, and by walking 30 mintues a day you can fight off cardiovascualar disease, diabetes, and weight gain!
4) Have a healthy escape for stress management. Finances, relationships, work, etc. all can be very stressful at times. Chronic stress leads to a lowered immune system, cardiovascular disease, and mental disease.
5) Get the right amount of sleep! Sleeping is our bodies time to repair and process what just happened the day before. Getting the right amount of sleep with give us more energy, better regulate our weight (this is due to human growth hormone being release during sleep and exercise), and put us in a better mood.