Here are a couple of tips to make your auto accident claim go as smoothly as possible:
1) After any accident, get a collision report from the police and get statements from any witness who saw what happened. This is help protect you in case the person at fault starts to deny their responsibility in the accident when talking to their insurance.
2) Contact your insurance company and let them know that you have been in an accident. Make sure you write down your claim number and the name of the adjustor helping you with your case
3) Get your health taken care of...IMMEDIATELY. If you are in a lot of pain and discomfort, make sure you go to the emergency room to make sure there is nothing life threatening happening. After the ER, schedule an appointment with your chiropractor and begin getting your health back. The most critical time to get care is as early as possible, so don't wait weeks or months until you follow up with your healthcare provider.
4) Check the coverage of your policy. Do you have med-pay that will cover your health expenses? Do you have a deductible you have to pay in order to get your car fixed? Know your policy inside and outside to avoid any surprises.
5) If things are not going as smoothly as you would like, contact a lawyer and see if they can help you. Most personal injury lawyers offer free consultations to see if they are able to help, which means no out-of-pocket expense for you!