Of course, no one plans to be in an auto accident, or have to deal with the insurance aspect afterwards. Here are 5 things to do after you have been involved in an auto accident.
1) After being in an auto/car accident, get a police report and any witness statement. This will help you later with dealing with insurance if there is a question of who is at fault.
2) If it is an emergency, go to the emergency room and make sure there is no serious, life threatening injury. If you feel as though you do not need to go to the emergency room after your auto accident, call our office and schedule an appointment.
3) Check your auto insurance and see what is covered in your policy. Can your medical bills be paid for by your insurance? What are your policy limits?
4) File a claim. Call your insurance, and the insurance at fault and let them know that you have been involved in an auto accident.
4) Get follow up Chiropractic care. Don't let these injuries set in. A chiropractor will treat you for 6-8 weeks so your body can properly heal and reduce the risk of long term pain or complications. Many times after an auto accident there is no out-of-pocket cost to you and your care will be 100% covered by the insurance.
Our office is located in North Highlands and we have over 35 years experience dealing with auto accident injuries. Call us today for a free consultation!